Mood Board LAB
This class is an introduction to visual storytelling.
Have you always wanted the skills to effectively communicate your ideas and concepts? Learn how to research impactful images and visually organize a story, outside of Pinterest - establish a valuable process for flowing out an interior design project, business plan, wardrobe edit or essay. We’ll start off with a fun, interactive hands on experience, then dive into implementing a strategy for online resources to create effective Mood Boards online.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- The fundamentals of storyboarding
- Concept and trend exploration
- Image research and inspiration
- How to structure and organize a story through visuals including lessons on color, typography and focal point integration
- A cheat sheet including key sites for visual research across home, fashion and lifestyle categories
- Mood Board Visual templates from a user friendly, free online platform you can continue to utilize for your Mood Board creations
- A fully executed story from idea to board
Ashley Schulzetenberg is a Trend Director for Very, Inc. based in Minneapolis. She leads trend direction for home, beauty, fashion and food brands. Ashley has over 10 years of experience in the advertising and fashion world with clients including Gap, Calvin Klein, Target, Sephora and many others. A love of literature and a childhood spent trawling the aisles of SR Harris evolved into an eye for the visual and a penchant for collecting hardcover magazines.